The need for pollutant clean up can occur at any stage of the project.
- In the case of new construction projects, the demand may arise due to the site / site location characteristics.
- In the case of modernisation and renovation of existing buildings, harmful substances can occur in components, ducts, fasteners, sealing compounds, paints, varnishes, etc.
The necessary pollution control & evaluation measures shall be planned, organized and realised for the construction site clearance, deconstruction planning or for existing building, according to the contamination report.
The services of the pollutant assessment include:
- Evaluation of building materials
- Planning and construction management of restoration including pollutant disposal
- Construction in existing buildings
- Facilities safety
- Health and safety
- Preventive fire protection, fire damage treatment and hazardous substances
Necessity of pollutant clean up
In the past and to this day, building materials are generally produced under current legal regulations. Some building materials are classified as harmful substances due to their ingredients, new knowledge about their character and potential health hazards and related application of legal regulations.
The existing buildings containing harmful substances can be hazardous to the health for the user and reduce the value of the real estate.
Examples of harmful substances:
- Asbestos-containing drywall constructions (fire protection) or in mechanically stressed components
- Wood preservatives, biocides in wooden buildings
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) in jointing compounds and paints/span>
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in insulation, adhesives
The pollutant assessment is to be carried out as required and at an early stage, so that the amount of necessary pollutant clean up measures can be taken into account within the determination of planning, costs and schedules.
We coordinate the performance of the expert for harmful substances from the beginning, starting with the monitoring of the assessment, during the planning of the pollution control measures - if necessary - in comparison with the requirements for the construction during ongoing operation and during the construction supervision up to the acceptance of the complete services. During the realisation of the pollution clean up measures, the protection of building users is our top priority.